Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gibson Girl Hair: Low Hair Dressing

The Swirl Coiffure with Braid 



     I found this lovely hairstyle in a reproduction copy of "Hair Dressing and Tinting".  I would wear this with a white maxi dress on a summer afternoon picnic.











Step One- Make a middle parting, then ,starting from behind the ears, seperate the hair that falls on both sides of the face from the back hair.      











Step Two-     Pin the back hair at the nape then gently tug on the top to fluff it up. You want to get volume on the round section so you could also tease your hair before pinning it down.       




Step Three-  Fluff up the 2 sections you separated earlier and draping them low across your forehead pin them at  the nape with the rest of your hair.


Step Four- Braid all of your hair in a loose three strand braid.


Step Five- Widen the braid by gently tugging the sections then simply wrap the braid around your head and pin the ends at the nape.                                                         






I like to spend a few seconds ruffing it up a bit to get more of a wind blown look.


          





 
I hope you found this helpful or inspiring. 
yours truly,

2 comments:

  1. You beautiful girl! What a lovely blog you have here...I cannot believe you are little Paula, all grown up into such a sweet, young woman. :) I wish you were here...I was in need of a stylist to do something with my locks for a Christmas party we were supposed to attend. The Lord settled the issue for me: Lydia woke up with a fever and I couldn't go anyway. No more fretting over hairstyles for a silly party for me. :) Your writing is so sweet, and feminine and refined. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Miss Heather! Thank you so much! I am very glad you enjoyed my blog. I have been a bit shy about showing it to family and friends. But knowing that you enjoyed it is very reassuring : ) And I would have loved to style your hair for you! ~ love Paula

    ReplyDelete