Monday, November 12, 2012

Gibson Girl Hair: Oiling for Hair Growth



 

    To get the fullness of the Gibson Girl hairstyle you must have either very thick or decently long hair. I have mentioned before how my hair is on the thin side so I needed to grow my hair out.
   One of the most effective techniques I have tried is oiling my hair. I have been oiling my hair for about three years now.


  There are so many oils you can use: olive, Castor, jojoba, almond, coconut, grapeseed, and so many more. It really just depends on your hair needs. I highly recommend checking out "The Long Hair Community". I can not tell you how much useful information I learned over there that has helped me to grow healthy hair.

  I oil my hair the night before I wash it- every Friday night. I just make a parting on my scalp, rub the oil in, then make a parting a little farther down and rub some oil in there. I continue this until my scalp is completely covered. I then lightly oil the length of  my hair. I wash it out the next afternoon.

 It has done wonders for my hair, increasing shine and decreasing falling hair.

 The Gibson Girls knew the value of oil for healthy hair and it is recommend in many beauty books from the time.





Thick, long, curly hair = Anne's perfect Gibson Girl look.

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your lovely long hair makes me a little sad I chopped all of mine off! I keep looking at girls with long hair thinking WHY DID I DO IT, but at the same time, I like having short hair too :P

    I love that you love Anne of Green Gables, I was completely obsessed with the books at one point and read all of them up to the part where the series becomes about Anne's kids and other characters. Oh, and of course I owned all of the movies on video :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! Don't feel bad about cutting your hair. You have the kind of hair every vintage lover dreams about. It's so beautiful.
    You know ,sometimes I feel a little too attached to my long hair. I think I put too much of my identity into it. I wouldn't feel like me without it. Thats silly though because hair grows back.

    Yes, I love "Anne of Green Gables" The stories are just so wonderful. Every girl should have the chance to grow up in Avonlea.
    Where girlhood was sweet and innocent. : )

    ReplyDelete